Tuesday 19 February 2008

Could solo be the way to go?

"Am I crazy? Could it be maybe? Solo is the way to go?" is the question on most of people's minds. We all dream of a life that our Prince or Princess Charming will come and sweep us off our feet and live a Fairy Tale life. But, that life comes at a price: heartache.

I don't like being negative about love, but this is something that most people question and wonder about the reasons. We all want to have that someone special in our life. Someone who will be there for us in our darkest hours. Someone to love and care for you. Someone to make you feel so special and important to them. But, most importantly, someone who will accept us for who we are.

Love is such a powerful word. Do we mean it? Do we feel it? Can we live without it? I don't know. I've had my share of heartache in the past. I must admit that I was ready to give up on love. But, for once in my life, I was wrong. I was given one more chance. I love this person with all my heart. I see them for who they are. Something about them has cast a spell on me and I can't get them out of my mind and heart. As cliche as that sounds, it's true. I just have to work and fight hard to be with that person, get them to notice me.

Sometimes in life, we're lost without that certain someone. We are always in hiding from ourselves, until that special someone finds the real you inside. We sometimes turn for someone and they're not there, but with that person by your side, they'll always will be. Sometimes we give and they take, we make that one big mistake by giving them all from A to Z, in which it will cost us our very own hearts. Sometimes love can be a powerful feeling and sometimes love can be the most hurtful feeling.

After being through several relationships, I've realized that in life, love can always make you stronger. No matter how painful, no matter how hurtful, no matter how dark the situation is, love can make you into a stronger person. I know we have to be careful to who we give our full hearts to. I know we have to rely on ourselves for when things seem out of hand. Just face it until the storm passes.

Sometimes in life, love can take us high and take us low. It can colour you blue and turn your passion to red, until you feel like you've become indigo. But, love has that feeling of pain and happiness. We just have to stay true to ourselves and be strong as much as possible. Don't let anything destroy what you believe in, because as I've said: karma is a bitch, what goes around, comes around.

If you truly love someone, who ever it is, don't give up on them. Don't let them slip through your fingers. Do everything that's possible to be with them. Do what they do; try to communicate with them and be who you are. You must be prepared to work and fight hard for the long road ahead. Don't ever give up, even if it means just being friends with that person, it will still be better than nothing. It will make you realize how grateful you are to have that person in your life. Just believe and stay true to yourself.


Jordan

No comments: