Monday 18 February 2008

A voice of an angel

She's got a gift.
The gift of song.
The voice of an angel.
Lisette Vares is her name.


It all began on July 4th, 2007, I was browsing through some artist profiles on myspace as I came across hers. I was puzzled at first. She was from Sweden, and yet her songs were in English. I began listening to her songs "Runaway", "Together We Lost" and "Dream Of Love". A cold chill ran down my spine. What was that? I asked myself. I suddenly realized it was the power of emotion from Lisette's songs. The emotion of passion. The emotion of love. The emotion of struggle. All combined in her songs. It was amazing.

As I began to browse through her profile, I suddenly caught a glimpse of something that shocked me:

SHE WAS ONE OF THE BACKING VOCALISTS/DANCERS FOR THE MALTESE PERFORMANCE OF "VERTIGO" AT THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST!!!!!


"That was HER?!" I asked myself. I saw the photos. I was shocked that I came across one of the backing vocalists/dancers from my favourite performance/song in the ENTIRE contest! I instantly messaged her, congratulating her on the amazing performance and all the hard work she and the crew put together. After a day, I got a reply back. She thanked me on how sweet I was and for all the support and that it was a wonderful life-time experience, she had in Helsinki. She wished me luck with my singing and hoped to hear from me sometime.

After a while, we began talking. We began commenting each other. We began messaging each other. I realized how much of a wonderful; kind hearted; positive and grateful person she really was. It's real hard to find a true soul like that as a friend. She's been such a great friend to me. Her songs have always made me feel so great about myself. She's inspired me, through her songs and positive energy, to continue singing and to never give up on my dreams. Just believe in yourself and go for it.

I feel so grateful to have her support; to have her believe in me. It means so much to me. I always feel something in her songs. I feel the struggle she must have faced through the hard times. I feel the passion and love she has for music. It just combines as one and has cast a spell on me. It's the only music I've been listening to for the past 5 months! It's made me feel more alive and confident in myself. Whenever I'm depressed. I'd listen to her songs and everything goes away.

She's sent me all of her songs to my email, just for me. I listen to them every single day now. I'm practicing on one of her songs, "Stop This Hurting", during my singing lessons and while practicing at home. I feel so comfortable singing that. I can relate to her songs in everyway. It just surprises me, on how I came across her profile. I think it was fate for us to be friends. I think it was fate for me to listen to her songs. If it wasn't for Lisette and her music, I wouldn't have pushed myself to begin a singing career in progress. I thank her so much.

Lisette has recently released her promotional music video, "Surrender", the genre of the song is pop mixed with elements of dance. If you listen to the lyrics, they're just so reflective to a person's emotions. You can feel the emotion and passion through her voice. It's honestly one of a kind and unique. She looks so stunning and beautiful in this video, as always. I dedicate this entry to you Lisette. I'm honestly grateful. Thank you for everything. It means the world.


LISETTE VARES OFFICIAL MYSPACE
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO "SURRDENDER"




Jordan

No comments: