Thursday 12 June 2008

Why "Vertigo" means a lot to me

As a majority of you know,

I'm passionate and obsessed with the song "Vertigo". It was written by Gerard James Borg and sung by Olivia Lewis. Not only am I obsessed with the artistic oriental asian performance. I'm also passionate about the lyrics. I feel as though they were written just for me. I can definitely relate to them very well.


You're spinnin' me round and you're holdin' me down
Lovin' you gives me vertigo
I'm losin' my ground, givin' in to your heart
Kissin' you gives me vertigo

And I'm lost, then I'm found
And I run, then I hide
And I turn, you're not there
I say yes, you say no
Lovin' you gives me vertigo

And I give, but you take
I made one big mistake
Gave you all, A to Z
Then you came, now you go
Lovin' you gives me vertigo

You're liftin' me high, then you're takin' me low
It's feelin' like I'm getting vertigo
You colour me blue, turn my passion to red
It's feelin' like I've become indigo

And I give, but you take
I made one big mistake
Gave you all, A to Z
Then you came, now you go
Lovin' you gives me vertigo

Am I crazy? Could it be maybe
Solo is the way to go?

And I'm lost, then I'm found
And I run, then I hide
And I turn, you're not there
I say yes, you say no
Lovin' you gives me vertigo

And I give, but you take
I made one big mistake
Gave you all, A to Z
Then you came, now you go
Lovin' you gives me vertigo



Here's my theory based on the lyrics.
This is the real reason why it means so much to me.




Sometimes when you're in love; it holds you down. You lose yourself by giving into your lovers heart. When you passionately kiss them; it's the greatest feeling.

As you begin a life on your own; you intend on losing ourself. But with that person by your side; they will find your inner self. You run from the truth and hide from your real self. Sometimes you turn for someone; but they're not there.

You always give and give, but they take advantage of you. You make that one biggest mistake by giving them all A to Z.

A relationship can lift you high and then take you low. That person can colour you blue and turn your passion to red. It'll feel as though you've become indigo: mixed up.

All those who are in a relationship; begin to wonder...

"Am I crazy? Could it be maybe, solo is the way to go?"

That question will always wonder through your mind.

I must admit that I've experienced bad relationships in the past. And this song describes the situation so well. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

Sometimes we should take the chance IF the opportunity comes. You just hope someone proves to you that being in a relationship is worth it.

I guess you'll never know what to expect.



Jordan.A

No comments: