Monday 28 April 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've posted anything lately. It's been a crazy past few months but I keep moving forward. I've been caught with a virus for almost 3 weeks now. I haven't been able to go to lessons due to the fact I lost my voice from a terrible sore throat. I know that I'm falling behind on my vocal training; mind you a lot of things have been distracting me. Once I recover I'll be training and having more lessons to catch up.

It's been an interesting month for me. A lot of mixed emotions that I didn't want coming back. I don't like talking about myself... but I need to write down my thoughts. I've been feeling very melancholy these past few days. I barely see my friends anymore. I don't see my relatives anymore. It's just been real lonely. I know I have my friends online... but it's not the same for me. I just would like to have someone to be there for me... to hold me.

I know that singing is like weight-lifting: it takes time to build up your vocal cords. I just wish I could be ready to go out there and sing professionally. I just want to join my fellow birds and fly among them. I need to spread my wings and fly. I know it takes time. I know I have to be patient, but the time is killing me. I just feel like running away. I want to set myself free and be ready to live my dream. I just need to make it work.

Singing is my dream. It's my passion. It's my obsession. It's my life. I just hope it all works out for me. I pray to God every single night to help me. I know I have to do most of the work on my own; but I just need him to be with me to give me strength. I really do want this. It's all that's going for me right now. I know I have to work and fight hard for it. I'm prepared to do it. I just wish my vocals would be ready. I just have to work on my high/low notes and my pitch; other than that... my breathing technique has improved.

I know that the Entertainment Industry isn't easy... nothing in life is; but we got to keep the ball rolling. If we fall, we get up. We all have to face our darkest demons at some point, but an angel always shines through to us in the end. We just have to keep believing and having faith in our dreams. We should never give up hope... no matter how bad things get. As I always say: the soul of life is just a song and everything goes on along. There's no right beat. We can't go back again.

I guess it's one of those days, right?

As the saying goes...

"Great things come to those who wait."

I just hope that "wait" is worth it in the end.


Jordan

No comments: